Friday, May 21, 2010

What Could Be Causing The Pain In My Instep



Last winter a friend, after seeing my first (and only) quilt, asked me to participate in an exhibition organized by the Pro site of my country which included exposure of artifacts, ancient and modern ... I was not convinced, but accepted it would know that showcased my blanket and me!
who organized the exhibition now wants to write a book putting the "story" of these artifacts and their creators. And here things get complicated! They asked me: "It's about how did your passion for patchwork ..." This seems so simple ... my passion for patchwork is born "by chance ".... already, by chance!
was August 2008 ... I was bored at home in the heat, the daughters made me despair, to clean the house, the holidays already consumed and forgotten ... I said to myself: "I have to invent something." In the past, during these periods of boredom that periodically take me, I had already experienced the decoupage, candles, patchwork on polystyrene, cross stitch, knitting, crocheting .... or poorly. I sailed on the Internet hoping to find the right idea .... mhm mhm PATCHWORK ... ... why not? The sewing machine I have, I just have to learn to use it ... a bit of cloth around I can recall .... they're off!
a week I was glued to the pc trying to extract all possible information, the library I found a book that explained quite well the basic techniques of patchwork, either by hand or machine ... established that, unlike the knitted crochet, patchwork was more within my reach and I began to create the first hand with the basic blocks in cardboard .... it was a continual "going up", I learned to use the machine Sewing, Singer a small, almost trip ... and I spent the creation of blocks a little more complex ...
The famous book in the library took me no longer enough ... I tried other sources on the Internet and landed on the website of Blue Tulip ... a mine of information, tips, patterns, tutorials but this ... che mi colpì più di tutto era l'amore e la passione che si leggevano e si "respiravano" tra le righe...ne feci indigestione...e sono qui!
Dopo aver spremuto il sito mi sono iscritta al forum del Patchwork caffè... un'altra grande scoperta che ha cambiato faccia alla mia vita! Sembro esagerata ma vi giuro che è così!
Ci sono voluti alcuni mesi prima che mi sentissi "parte" di questa nuova famiglia...dopo quasi due anni sono ancora qui...ho cambiato macchina da cucire, ho fatto dei corsi, ho comprato tante stoffine, libri, attrezzature (per la gioia di mio marito...), ho visitato fiere, ho fatto qualche mercatino ma soprattutto I found many friends with whom to share this passion ... not only daughters, husband, home, school, cats ... finally something my own. And here is due a sincere THANK YOU to all those good little women that I have shown and broadcast in a straightforward manner, passion, advice, help and friendship.
The
5:06 June Patchworkcaffè Pontremoli finds himself ... finally I saw you in the face ... do not know how this will be the first meeting, what to combine, what we say and what the impressions of each other ... certainly, however, will be an unforgettable weekend, where I am sure, the patchwork will be "fun "!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment